Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) Lead--Clean the World Foundation
Job Title: Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) Lead
Classification: Full Time
Start date: Within July 2023
Clean the World Foundation is an independent nonprofit organization that is an active leader in global WASH issues and is part of the United Nations Global WASH Cluster. Clean the World Foundation strives to improve the quality of life of vulnerable populations through increased accessibility to safe water, sanitation, hygiene (WASH), and soap. We will do this by working in partnerships to strengthen policies, systems, infrastructure, financing, and health-seeking behaviors while empowering women and underserved communities.
The DRR Lead will coordinate Disaster Risk Reduction projects in various countries to mitigate the impacts of natural disasters on communities, especially as they relate to WASH[JJ1] . This position will work closely with Clean the World Global, local nonprofit partners, government agencies, and local communities. This position directly reports to Jennifer Johnson, the Global Emergencies Officer.
- Ensure daily prioritization and efficient execution of communication, projects, tasks, and responsibilities.
- Maintain confidentiality and discretion while performing as a proactive member of the team through contribution of ideas for continuous improvement.
- Able to travel up to 50%, sometimes with short notice.
- Assists in identifying partners at the local and global level to expand our outreach and impact as an organization.
- Manages the DRR program and collaborates with CTWF and CTWG to ensure smooth operations.
- Research funding opportunities related to DRR & WASH
- Update and maintain CTWF’s resource/partnership database through Microsoft SharePoint and relays this to the Executive Administrative Assistant to put into Salesforce.
- Provide primary technical inputs in the formulation of strategies and approaches to attain intended results for DRRM.
- Fill an Assistant Director role (also known as a Section Chief) in Disaster Response Operations as they occur and assigned by the GEO.
- Coordinate with relevant project staff in preparing detailed workplans to achieve DRRM results and ensure complementarity with other program interventions.
- Ensure that DRRM interventions are carried out in accordance with the approved workplan, ensuring that the status of the DRRM deliverables is regularly reviewed against targets and reported to management and concerned entities for proper action.
- Monitor the implementation of DRRM activities, identify gaps, issues and risks and assist in addressing these as necessary.
- Ensure that DRRM activities are in line with government policies and priorities.
- Provide technical guidance and propose DRRM capacity building for partners as required.
- Prepare written reports on DRRM internally as well as for donors.
- Link with other agencies undertaking DRRM for possible collaboration.
- Performs other tasks as may be assigned.
- Opportunity to participate in company sponsored health insurance and a 401K with company match.
- Accrued PTO, Sick, Wellness days as well as paid company holidays including a paid week off in December.
- Work experience with an internationally renowned company
- Networking opportunities with the private, public, and nonprofit sector
- A work-environment that fosters and promotes diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging.
Education and Experience
- Advanced university degree in disaster management, social sciences or related field
- Specialized training in disaster risk reduction and management highly desirable
- Proficient in writing, research, and communication
- Experience within a dynamic, globally focused organization
- Familiarity with the private and nonprofit sector preferred.
- Relevant experience in DRRM project management and coordination preferred.
- Experience in the use of computers and office software (MS Word, Excel, etc.)
- Experience in project implementation in a post-disaster context preferred.
- May require some travel (sometimes at the last minute) if deputized by the Executive Director to do so.
- Must be able to lift a maximum of 40 pounds.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to deliver quality, timely work within tight deadlines with minimum direction.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Skilled in maintaining confidentiality, discretion and perform as a proactive member of the team contributing ideas for continuous improvement.
- Consistently maintains client relationship services between the Foundation and other nonprofits and NGOs.
- Collaborates with Clean the World’s Marketing and Communications Department to align with company’s communications standard.
- Must have an interest and passion for the environment and especially for water conservation and water borne diseases related to global health.
- Has excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Builds strategic partnerships.
- Promotes organizational learning and knowledge-sharing.
- Takes initiative.
- May require travel potentially up to 50% of the year, if deputed by the Executive Director to do so.
- Proficiency with English is required.
- Fluency or strong conversational languages skills in a 2nd, 3rd language is preferable (specifically Spanish and/or French)
Environmental and Physical Conditions
- Must be able to lift a maximum of 40 pounds.
Clean the World Global and Foundation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Clean the World complies with all applicable laws.